For those who have previously used their FCPS email address with Google Drive way to embrace Cloud storage early on! I wish I had a reward for you but instead the files in your previous Google Drive account will need to be moved and your FCPS email address needs to be dissociated from the account before you can use your new FCPS, unlimited space, Drive account. The steps below will show you how to do this and to move your existing files to your new Drive storage.
When you log into to Google Drive, if you see the screen below, follow these steps to move your files to your new FCPS account.
- Click the Do this later link. The process of moving files using Google’s Get Started link does not actually work. So these steps are the quickest to get your account ready.
- You will not be redirected to an Account settings page
- Notice your Google account is called something ending in @gtempaccount.com. Write down this account info in case you ever need it.
- Click the square next to your username (see picture above)
- Click on Drive
- If asked to setup Google Drive, click No thanks
- Press Ctrl + A, this will highlight all of your files in your Drive
- Click the Share It looks like a person with a plus sign next to it. (See picture above)
- Enter your FCPS email address
- Click Send
- Click on your @gtempaccount.com username in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Add account
- Sign in with your FCPS email address and Password
- Accept any messages that popup
- Click Shared with me
- You should now see the files you shared from your temporary account
- Click once one any file
- Press Ctrl + A to select all of the files
- Right click on one file
- Choose Add to My Drive
- In the Move To window, click Cancel
- Click My Drive and you should now have copies of all of your files in your FCPS Drive now.
You now no longer need your @gtempaccount.com account.