When you receive a new iPad you have to activate it with Apple by answering some questions. In order to complete this process you need to be registered on FCPSWireless. One thing techs and myself often ask users for is the WiFi or MAC address. You can’t get that until you’ve answered all the questions on the iPad. So essentially you windup with a chicken or the egg problem.
The solution is to find the device by its IP address instead. This process isn’t obviously, but you can follow the steps below.
- Turn the iPad ON
- Choose English for the language
- Choose United States for the country
- Choose FCPSWireless for the wireless network
- On the next screen you will see a back arrow at the top left of the screen. Press it
- Press the Home button (circle button at bottom of iPad)
- In the popup, choose More Wi-Fi Settings
- Press the circled “i” next to FCPSWireless
- You will now see the IP address.
If the IP address starts off 172.30.x.x then it needs to be registered and you need to let your district tech or myself know the IP. Once we’ve registered it on the backend, you will be able to continue the setup process.